The church, in its current form, was almost entirely rebuilt in
1757 on basis of the plan of a former church.
The main altar probably dates from 1678.
The altar dedicated to Mary was canonized on 13/05/1626.
Tourist Office Esch-sur-Sûre
On top of the dam is a road to the south side of the lake.
This artificial, lovely lake provides drinking water for much of Luxembourg,
and the three miles nearest the dam is a protected area.
Swimming, fishing (permit required), windsurfing,
canoeing and sailing are allowed on the remainder of the lake
and these activities are very popular.